FAQs about our antibacterial wipes
Please see a selection of frequently asked questions below, if you can’t find what you’re looking for please contact us.
Pre-saturated towelettes with an effective antibacterial formula to remove bacteria, germs, soil, sweat, body oils, as well as deodorise and protect surfaces.
They have a pleasant fresh lemon scent.
WOW Wipes have been laboratory tested to kill 99.99% of germs within 2-minutes. (*E.coli 99.999%, and S.Aureaus/MRSA 99.99%).
No. WOW Wipes are designed for surfaces, but we have deliberately chosen active ingredients which are commonly used in products for usage on the human body (both ingestion and on skin).
The main ingredient at 98.95% is water, and the active ingredients have combined to create an effective yet safe product.
Although safe to handle and mild in comparison to some other wipes, WOW Wipes have been lab tested to kill 99.99% of germs within 2-minutes (*E. coli 99.999%, and S. aureus/MRSA 99.99%).
No. WOW Wipes Disinfecting Wipes contain no harsh ammonia, alcohol, or bleach.
WOW Wipes were designed primarily for wiping down surfaces. Although safe to handle, we do not recommend using the Disinfecting Wipes as a hand wipe, personal wipe, or a baby wipe.
WOW Wipes quickly clean and disinfect. The generous sized cloth provides ample coverage to wipe down almost any surface. Just gently wipe the surface with the pre-moistened towelette and then discard responsibly. The formula is designed to evaporate quickly.
Great for benches, upholstery, handles, touch screens, consoles, dumbbells, mats, and handrails, as well as keyboards, telephones, desks, and door-handles to name but a few examples. They are also recommended to use in the showers and toilets where there are benches, counters and other common area surfaces.
One wipe is sufficient to wipe down most surface areas that you will come into contact with. Should an area be contain soil or debris, use one cloth to clean away the debris and a second to disinfect the surface.
WOW Wipes DO NOT contain any harsh ingredients such as ammonia, alcohol, or bleach which can all cause harm to certain surfaces. The Disinfectant wipes are generous in size to clean almost any surface area, as well as being lint free and highly absorbent for better cleaning results.
Our Maxx-Pack and Premium Wipes are embossed and non-abrasive, with the cleaning solution safe to use on vinyls, treated leather, plastic, laminates, metals, plexiglass screens, wood, rubber, and more.
The Bamboo Fabric used in our ‘Office Wipes’ and ‘Fitwipes Bamboo’ is super soft and absorbent, and are equally safe to use on vinyls, treated leather, plastic, laminates, metals, plexiglass screens, wood, rubber, and more. These wipes in particular are great for screens and stainless steel due to their incredibly high absorbency.
Wipes used daily should increase the life of upholstery. By far the the main cause of cracking and wear in leather and Vinyl is prolonged exposure to body oils/sweat, dirt/dust/grime, as well as constant wear/pressure in certain areas. The use of WOW Wipes should extend the life of upholstery by removing dirt and oils, but should not replace your regular cleaning regimen carried out by staff or cleaners.
- A quick ‘set and forget’ system for your staff
- One step cleaning solution: no need for users to combine a spray bottle with a paper towel
- No searching for lost spray bottles
- A single roll of WOW Wipes contains 800 – 1,200 wipes and lasts much longer than the average pack of paper towels. This has the benefit of less frequent refills by staff, and less customer frustration due to empty paper towel holders.
- Customers love the convenience of WOW Wipes, and by using the wipes they contribute to the cleaning of your facility.
- Due to the greater uptake by customers, your business will be a more hygienic and attractive facility.
- Staff appreciate the supply of WOW Wipes to ensure a hygienic workspace, especially during flu season.
- Spray bottles + Paper towels are an ‘old school’ system that can look untidy and outdated.
- Used paper towels quickly fill up rubbish bins, overflowing and inevitably finding their way on to the floor. WOW Wipes settle to the bottom of bins, resulting in a tidier and more appealing facility.
- WOW Wipes dispensers are modern and streamlined, enhancing the aesthetics of your facility rather than detracting from it.
- WOW Wipes are lint free – so after usage your surfaces will be clean and clear.
- No bulk chemical handling by staff
- No chance of incorrect chemical mixing, which can lead to an overstrength or understrength liquid solution.
- No chance of chemicals being swallowed or spilled by staff or customers
- Spray bottle solution is often sprayed directly onto electronic equipment before they are wiped down. This has a high chance of penetrating into the electronics over time, causing a possible health hazard and costly repairs.
- Customer Service
- Time is an increasing valuable commodity for people, and so is the expectation that businesses provide a safe environment for customers and patrons. Having WOW Wipes at your facility demonstrates to customers and prospective customers that you care about them.
- Eliminate customer frustration of locating spray bottles that have been moved, and frequent empty paper towel holders.
All WOW Wipes rolls contain the same Antibacterial Formula which kills 99.99% of germs and bacteria within 2-minutes (*E.coli 99.999%, and S.Aureaus/MRSA 99.99%). All are safe on surfaces and safe to handle.
Here is some information to help you decide which WOW Wipe is best for you or your company:
- Maxx-Pack Wipes: Our most economical and best-selling option with 1200 wipes per roll. Ideal for customers who see expenditure as a prime consideration, whilst not compromising on quality. Containing a high wood-pulp content, these wipes are very absorbent and soft.
- Premium Wipes: 50% thicker fabric than the Maxx-Pack wipes. For customers who like a strong and thick fabric with a premium feel. Containing a high wood-pulp content, these wipes are very absorbent and soft. 810 wipes per roll
- Office Wipes: 100% Biodegradable. Thick and thirsty Bamboo fabric wipes designed for office environments. The ‘go-to’ choice for office-based organisations that value sustainability and wish to provide their workforce with a quick and simple way to disinfect personal and shared workspaces, as well other surfaces with high germ concentrations such as phones, door handles, keyboards, etc. Currently being used by small and large organisations + government departments throughout Australia to provide their workforce with a hygienic work environment and cut down on absenteeism. The large roll dispensing system also addresses the significant issue of product loss via employees (common with smaller wipes packets).
- Fitwipes Bamboo: 100% Biodegradable. The ‘go-to’ Gym Wipe option for businesses that are highly environmentally focused and have a like-minded clientele. These wipes are currently being successfully processed by commercial Green Waste companies who have assessed them as suitable and compatible with their large scale composting operations. If composting is a step too far, these wipes will biodegrade and disappear if disposed of with general waste.
- Home Wipes: 100% Biodegradable Bamboo fabric. For homes that want a bulk long lasting wipes option that ticks the boxes environmentally. Our large bucket dispenser holds 800 x Bamboo home wipes which contain the same lemon scent and performance characteristics as the other WOW Wipes.
Our Office Wipes and Fitwipes Bamboo are made from 100% bamboo fabric.
Here’s why we choose bamboo:
- Bamboo fabric is 100% biodegradable and compostable. From the earth – to the earth.
- Bamboo is a fast growing and a naturally sustainable resource. It requires little water, no irrigation systems, and can thrive in poor soil where other plants may not grow.
- Bamboo regenerates naturally after harvesting, so does not need replanting.
- Bamboo helps prevent soil erosion, and needs far less land area than other fabrics to yield the same volume of fabric.
- Bamboo is resistant to pests, and does not need chemicals, pesticides, or fertilisers in order to thrive.
- Bamboo is hypoallergenic, and perfect for people with sensitive skin. The fibres are naturally smooth and rounded without the need for chemical treatment, unlike other fabrics which have rough spurs that can irritate.
- Bamboo fabric has naturally occurring antibacterial qualities, even without any antibacterial liquid being added by manufacturers to the fabric.
- Bamboo is one of the softest fabrics available, yet is extremely strong.
These great qualities make it possible for us to offer antibacterial office wipes and gym wipes that are:
- 100% Bamboo
- Compostable (approval by your local area green waste facility required)
- Highly absorbent
- Super soft, yet strong
- Alcohol free, our wipes are safe on skin
Yes. The refill bags are made of polyester and can be disposed of in the recycling bin.
The Shipping Cartons are made of a strong double-layer cardboard which can also be disposed of in the recycling bin.
It is our belief that the vast majority of wipes are generally not suitable for flushing, even if the manufacturer claims they are.
The nature of wet wipes means they require added strength to stop them disintegrating in people’s hands during use, and it is this strength which means they will never break down as easily as toilet paper once flushed.
A few wipes going down the toilet each day may seem fine for a while, but a high frequency of wipes being flushed is asking for trouble and has consequences such as clogged drains and blocked government wastewater systems.
This comes down to personal preference, however here are some considerations to help you decide:
- Wall mounted adjustable dispenser: By far our No.1 most popular unit. Modern and sleek looking, this low maintenance unit is affordable and easy to replace if needed. Adjustable tension for customisable dispensing performance is a big plus. Choice of transparent Smoke, or Solid White.
- Stainless steel floor stand: A premium dispensing option. If properly cared for this unit adds extra style to your facility. Note: The stainless steel construction requires regular cleaning to maintain its shiny slick appearance, but is an excellent option for people willing to take good care of it. Portable, so it can be easily moved and placed in areas where wall space is not available. Contains an integrated rubbish bin. Corrosion resistant 304 grade stainless steel.
When installing our Adjustable Wall Dispenser there are several important points which determine how well the unit will perform:
- If installed too High: The dispenser will not last as long, sometimes significantly so. The action of pulling wipes down + across puts far greater pressure on the front cover causing accelerated wear and tear. A high dispenser also negatively affects wipes dispensing performance, with a greater likelihood of the wipes breaking off too soon. The result is the next wipe may not be easily accessed, and sometimes the dispenser will need to be opened to bring the next wipe through.
- If installed too Low: The wipes will generally pulled straight upwards from a low starting point, which means the wipes will not tear easily and more wipes are used each time. This means wipes are wasted and costs increased above what is necessary.
- Orientation: The dispenser MUST be installed so the opening is at the TOP of the unit and the wipes dispense upwards. Incorrectly installing the dispenser with the nozzle facing downwards will drain the liquid from your wipes roll, wetting the floor, and drying out the wipes.
The correct installation height of the dispenser is so the TOP point of the unit is 100 – 140cm from the floor.
Stainless steel products are not maintenance free. All grades and finishes of stainless steel may stain, discolour or develop a layer of grime from normal use.
Our dispensers are made from corrosion resistant 304 grade stainless steel, but to keep them looking nice regular cleaning is required.
We recommend washing them weekly with warm soapy water followed by a rinse and a wipe dry.
Our adjustable wall mounted dispenser offers a unique tension mechanism that can be adjusted to suit individual needs. The height of the dispenser, and type of wipes being used all contribute to the appropriate tension setting.
If your wipes are not dispensing properly your first port of call should be to adjust the tension, and this normally fixes any dispensing issues if the dispenser has been installed at the correct height.
Inside the dispenser, insert the key into the slot under the top plate. By clicking the key, you can tighten or loosen the spring. There are further detailed instructions inside the dispenser to help you through this this process
Testing on animals is something we have never done, and will never do.
We specifically did not want a harsh alcohol or ammonia based formula which could cause skin reactions or damage surfaces. So we carefully selected ingredients which are well known to be safe on skin based on existing data, and which are commonly used in Australian products designed for the human body (both ingestion and on skin).
We then the tested the various mixture options in an Australian laboratory for effectiveness against surface germs.
The final result is a mixture which is safe on skin, while at the same time effectively killing 99.99% of germs within 2 minutes (E.coli 99.999%, and S.Aureaus/MRSA 99.99%).
This should not happen if the instructions are followed. The only times a roll of our wipes will dry out is the following:
- They are mistakenly taken out of their plastic bag. As per the label directions, please be sure to keep the roll inside their bag at all times.
- The dispenser is incorrectly installed so the wipes dispense from the bottom. This allows the liquid to drain, drying the roll out, whilst at the same time leaving a wet patch on the floor below! Always install the dispenser so the opening is at the top and the wipes dispense upwards.
If these instructions are followed, the wipes generally stay wet for as long as it takes to use up the roll. Always refer to the instructions on the individual wipe label.